Dried apples, or apple rings, make a great light snack. Our dried apples are of the highest quality and are packed with natural sweetness, so we saw no need to sweeten them with added sugar of any kind. Top an apple coffee cake with dried apples for an interesting, wholesome look or snack on them alone or with other dried fruit. Kosher and gluten-free.
- The apple is a good source of dietary fiber, providing you with nearly 20% of your needs for the day.
- There are two types of dietary fiber: insoluble and soluble fiber. About 25% of the fiber found in apples is soluble. This type of fiber may help reduce cholesterol by binding to dietary fat and preventing it from being absorbed by the body.
- Research also suggests that this fantastic fiber may also help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Flavonoids, a specific class of phytonutrients found in apples, apple juice and apple sauce, have been associated with reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s. According to researchers at Cornell University, almost all of the apple’s antioxidant activity comes from these recently revealed phytonutrients.
- Apples are a good source of the antioxidant Vitamin C that helps to maintain a healthy immune system. This powerful antioxidant aids in defending the body against damaging free radicals, those nasty compounds that accumulate in our bodies and wreak havoc on our healthy cells.
- Apples and apple products contain between 3% and 8% of the daily value for potassium. Consuming 3500 milligrams of this essential nutrient each day may help reduce high blood pressure.
Serving size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||4|
4oz bag, 1lb bag, 5lb bag, 20lb case